Re: [MoAccess] Fw: all questions in one mail

  • From: "Bryan Smart" <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:30:34 -0400

Yes. With the scripts, the editors will speak perfectly in every way.

With out the scripts, you'll still be able to use the editors, but the speech
will be poor. For example, controls won't read when you tab to them. John uses
custom controls that Jaws doesn't normally know how to read. He had to use
those special controls, though, as he's added functionality to them that isn't
available with normal Windows controls. For example, when setting key ranges,
you can press a key on the Motif, and the key range control on the computer's
screen will get the info from you pressing the Motif's key. If he didn't use
his specialized controls, you'd need to enter key numbers on the computer (like
key 38 or key 73 -- not very easy to understand). There are other benefits, but
basically know that he had good reasons for not using standard controls.

He also has his programs divided up into different pages. These are a little
like multipage dialogs in Windows, except that each page can also have sub
pages. Windows can't do that with the built-in controls, so he made his own.
However, when you're using the editor, for example, all you'll need to do is to
press control+tab to move between the main pages, and then press alt+a number
(like alt+1, alt+2, alt+3, etc) to move between the sub pages, and keys like
control+1, control+2, control+3, etc to select an element or part. The scripts
will always tell you the page that you're on, and what element/part you're
editing.

With the scripts, though, you don't need to worry about this stuff. The editors
will talk just like normal Windows programs.

The scripts will be ready at the same time as the editors are available. I was
hoping to give them away for free, but they required a bit more work than I
expected. I've decided to ask $15 for them. Given the time I spent, and the
fact that I won't have very many people buying the scripts, this seemed fair to
me. The $15 will get you an unlock code that will allow the scripts to run. The
unlock code is match to your Jaws serial number. You will be able to run the
scripts on any computer where you have Jaws installed. Any updates will be
free...you can just download the new version of the scripts and use your same
unlock code. I won't charge again for the scripts unless John does something
that requires tons of work (such as re-doing the interface of the editors). You
will be able to download the scripts and buy an unlock code from the MoAccess
site. I'll post details about this when John starts selling the editors.

Bryan