[mira_talk] Re: suggestion to trim contaminants before assembly process

  • From: Tony Travis <a.travis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:29:40 +0000

Laurent MANCHON wrote:
--Hi

Just a message for MIRA community:

i have tested a sofware to trim vectors or others contaminants before
use of MIRA,
until now I was in the habit of using SeqClean or cross_match to remove
contaminants from sequences,
but i have pointed that those programs have some drawbacks and weaknesses.
Recently, i have used SeqTrim
software(http://www.scbi.uma.es/cgi-bin/seqtrim/seqtrim_login.cgi), it's
more reliable and accurate,
but it's a bit slower than SeqClean because there is no option to run in
multi-thread, the developers work on a new version to add multi-thread
feature.

Hello, Laurent.

Thanks for posting this: I've just had a look - How does it compare with "Lucy"?

Bye,

  Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK