[mira_talk] Re: specifying working directory without actually cd'ing into it?

  • From: Leonor Palmeira <mlpalmeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 16:26:29 +0200

On 29/06/11 08:17, Evan wrote:
It makes scripting calls to mira a bit cumbersome at times when running
a batch of assemblies or wanting a project to run on an ssd drive.

Not sure I understand the need for this feature :-)
But what don't you embed 'mira' in a small 'mira.bash' script that would look like this (and would hide the 'cd' part away from you). This would allow you to simply launch mira by:

./mira.bash your_directory --fasta --project=project_name [... all your MIRA options...] >& your_directory/log_assembly.txt

-------------------
#!/bin/bash

dir=$1
pars=($*)
pars=${pars[@]:1}

olddir=`pwd`
mkdir $dir
cd $dir
mira $pars
cd $olddir
-------------------

Cheers,
Leonor.

On Jun 28, 2011 5:15 PM, "Bastien Chevreux" <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
 > On Jun 27, 2011, at 23:04 , Evan wrote:
 >> Does anyone know if its possible to run mira from a different
directory then where I want the <projectname>_assembly folder to be created?

 > No, not at the moment. Is there a special reason why going via "cd"
is not wanted?

 > B.
 >

 > --
 > You have received this mail because you are subscribed to the

Leonor Palmeira, PhD

Phone: +32 4 366 42 69
Email: mlpalmeira AT ulg DOT ac DOT be
http://sites.google.com/site/leonorpalmeira

Immunology-Vaccinology, Bat. B43b
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Boulevard de Colonster, 20
University of Liege, B-4000 Liege (Sart-Tilman)
Belgium