[mira_talk] Re: pacbio reads on debrislist

  • From: DUBOST AUDREY <Audrey.Dubost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 14:07:11 +0000

Ok I will test this 2 ways.
thanks

De : mira_talk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mira_talk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] De
la part de Andrej Benjak
Envoyé : mercredi 19 février 2014 10:30
À : mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [mira_talk] Re: pacbio reads on debrislist

Perhaps this is the problem then. As far as I know, MIRA doesn't handle raw
PacBio reads (these contain a lot of errors, mostly indels).
There are 2 ways to error correct PacBio reads:
self correction
using external reads

Check the PacBio tutorial for how to error correct reads using the SMRT
Analysis tools.
If you have a decent coverage of raw PacBio reads (around 100 ideally) the self
correction will work great. If the coverage is not good, using Illumina reads
might help a little, but you still won't get a lot of long error corrected
reads...

(ah.. Juan, you were faster)

Andrej

On 02/19/2014 10:23 AM, DUBOST AUDREY wrote:
Just the filtered raw reads
Audrey