[mira_talk] Re: pacbio reads on debrislist

  • From: Andrej Benjak <abenjak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:30:25 +0100

Perhaps this is the problem then. As far as I know, MIRA doesn't handle raw PacBio reads (these contain a lot of errors, mostly indels).

There are 2 ways to error correct PacBio reads:
self correction
using external reads

Check the PacBio tutorial for how to error correct reads using the SMRT Analysis tools. If you have a decent coverage of raw PacBio reads (around 100 ideally) the self correction will work great. If the coverage is not good, using Illumina reads might help a little, but you still won't get a lot of long error corrected reads...

(ah.. Juan, you were faster)

Andrej

On 02/19/2014 10:23 AM, DUBOST AUDREY wrote:

Just the filtered raw reads

Audrey