[mira_talk] Re: mira parallel execution

  • From: Sucheta Tripathy <sutripa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira talk <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:30:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bastian,

That will be great. Actually I am waiting for such a release for sometimes now.
Our cluster will not run it unless it is parallel and inquiring about other
resources such as cloud computing, there is no scope for a memory of 180 GB.
So, I am kind of stuck.

Thanks

Sucheta

----- "Bastien Chevreux" <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 April 2009 Sucheta Tripathy wrote:
> > I have been stuck with MIRA for sometimes now. I wanted to assemble
> our
> > genome sequences with 1.1 million reads of average length of 720
> > bases(Estimated genome size is around 95 MB). My MIRA run crashed
> half way
> > when the memory requirement became too intense(I guess it needed
> > approximately 180 GB). Now that in our university set up we get
> clusters
> > that can match upto this memory requirement, I am not sure if the
> code will
> > run parallel. Any advise on this will really help me to get going.
>
> Hello Sucheta,
>
> sorry for the long delay and the shortness of this reply. I've been on
> a short
> vacation and have now a pretty tight professional work schedule until
> the
> week-end.
>
> No, MIRA is not prepared for running on clusters. However, you might
> want to
> try out the next release (which I hope to be able to get out this
> week-end),
> which contains a number of improvements which should make life easier
> for
> genomes in the 50-100 MB range.
>
> Regards,
>   Bastien
>
> --
> You have received this mail because you are subscribed to the

Virginia Bioinformatics Institute,
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University,
Blacksburg, VA-24060.
Phone: 540-231-8138.
The more you know, the more you know you don't know. —Aristotle