[mira_talk] Re: mira parallel execution

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 23:24:17 +0200

On Tuesday 07 April 2009 Sucheta Tripathy wrote:
> I have been stuck with MIRA for sometimes now. I wanted to assemble our
> genome sequences with 1.1 million reads of average length of 720
> bases(Estimated genome size is around 95 MB). My MIRA run crashed half way
> when the memory requirement became too intense(I guess it needed
> approximately 180 GB). Now that in our university set up we get clusters
> that can match upto this memory requirement, I am not sure if the code will
> run parallel. Any advise on this will really help me to get going.

Hello Sucheta,

sorry for the long delay and the shortness of this reply. I've been on a short
vacation and have now a pretty tight professional work schedule until the
week-end.

No, MIRA is not prepared for running on clusters. However, you might want to
try out the next release (which I hope to be able to get out this week-end),
which contains a number of improvements which should make life easier for
genomes in the 50-100 MB range.