[mira_talk] Re: megahubs ?

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 21:59:43 +0100

On Saturday 28 February 2009 Jan van Haarst wrote:
> What should I do to get the assembly to finish ?
> 0.5 % of bad reads doesn't sound that bad, does it ?

Hello Jan,

no, it doesn't. I suppose that the megahubs detected come more from the fact
you have an eukaryote than from remaining vector adaptor sequences.

Set the allowed megahub ratio to 1.0, that should allow you to continue.

If I did my math right, you seem to have something like a 40 to 45 MB organism
... or 70 to 80MB if the main bulk of your reads is Titanium instead of FLX.
Please note that I had mixed feedback from users regarding eukaryotes of this
size, seems like MIRA sometimes explodes in memory consumption for these (I'm
working on it).