[mira_talk] Re: Selecting best contigs...

  • From: Andrzej N <andrzej.k.n@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 15:42:17 -0600

Hello,

Now I'm happy, I picked best contigs (which technically are twice longer
than genome I work on), I did a dot plot... and now I know how to do "by
hand" alignment.

I can tell that MIRA was rejecting to join contigs since some of sequences
were REALLY long (at the end of contig AND this was like 2 sequences), end
of this sequences didn't match other sequences from other contigs (but now
we talk about 50 of them!)... so when I align them, very small regions are
not matching, HOWEVER after that region EVERYTHING IS PERFECT.

I know, you probably saw this stuff all the time :), but for me learning
this "alone" is something new. I think I can put now my genomes "by hand"
and de novo. We will see.

Thank you and *I'm going* to bother you more ;).

Andrzej