[mira_talk] Re: RFC: bundling or not bundling rRNA databases with MIRA

  • From: Martin MOKREJŠ <mmokrejs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 11:23:06 +0100

Hi Chris,

Chris Hoefler wrote:

Another consideration if you separate out the rRNA db from the binary
is the local vs. system installation issue. If I install my own local
copy of Mira, will it know where to find the db if a system-wide Mira
(possibly with a conflicting version) is installed on the same
machine? Not hard to work around, but has to be kept in mind.

You could use MIRADV env variable to point to the right place with your own
tuned files.

Martin