[mira_talk] Re: Fwd: mapping

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 19:28:19 +0200

On Friday 03 April 2009 Brian Forde wrote:
> [...]
> but keep getting the following error.
>
> Fatal Error: "While trying to load SANGER type data: type of
> file to load unknown"
> ->Thrown: void Assembly::loadSequenceData()
> ->Caught: main
> Program aborted.

Hi Brian,

I'd attribute this to the typo in the command line. The parameter

  -LR:sanft=fofexp

should be written

  -LR:sanft=fofnexp

(mind the additional 'n'). But I'm surprised the parameter parser did not
catch this, probably a bug.

> Also is there a difference (i'm assuming not) between the gbf files mira is
> looking for and the gb files downloadable from genbank

No difference. I've seen GenBank files with a number of endings (.gb, .gbk,
.gbf, .gbff (the later containing multiple entries)) and I somehow settled for
".gbf" (and the ability to read multiple entries).