[mira_talk] Re: 2 common messages problems while assembly Illumina paired-end sequences

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:58:58 +0100
On 12 Feb 2014, at 15:06 , Camila M. <kamynz16@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> […]
> As I said before, I'm doing a lot of Miras by groups of 500 Miras. I have 17
> lists with 500 manifest files each.
> […]
> Mainly, I got these two error messages:
> 1) Thrown: void HashStatistics::loadHashStatisticsFile(string &
> hashstatfilename, uint8 basesperhash)
> 2) Thrown: void Assembly::dumpSomeStatistics()

Thanks for your test data.

The errors you were seeing are two instances of the same “problem”: at some
point in the data preprocessing, the clipping routines cut everything away and
there was nothing to assemble anymore. The fact that different messages appear
is mainly because this happens at (different) stages where MIRA did not really
expect not to have any data anymore and assumes a terrible problem occurred.

I concede these messages should be clarified, will do for next release.