[MikesWhatsNews] MWN #617

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mikeswhatsnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 16:34:49 -0800

MikesWhatsNews, 16, 12, 2002
in today's issue #617
Free Christmas Games
iProtectYou
IEradicator 6
Panda Quick Remover 3.2.1.0
Eye Witness
Search Engine Showdown: The Users' Guide to Web Searching
It's a Jungle Out There
Seasonal Fun Packs From Microsoft
CCC     IconShop
        Browsing back and forward with the Keyboard

Free Christmas Games
http://www.xmastime.co.uk/funstuff/games.htm
Email Santa: Have you been good this year?
Tell Santa what you'd like for Christmas and he'll probably email
you back straight away using the wonders of the internet!

Christmas Santaman:
You don't get to "hangman" in this festive word game, but you
could lose your presents, christmas pudding, stockings, and
tree if you don't guess the word!
++

iProtectYou free
http://www.softforyou.com/ip-index.html
iProtectYou allows parents to control which web sites can be visited, which
programs can have Internet access, block e-mails, chat sessions and instant
messages with inappropriate words, stop annoying ads, and/or restrict
internet time to a predetermined schedule.
 It will gather detailed information about your child's online activity.
Comes provided with a huge built-in database.
++

IEradicator 6 ~ free
http://www.angelfire.com/ns2/glentech/byeie.htm
NOT for Windows 2000sr2 or Windows XP
IEradicator 6 disintegrates all versions of Internet Explorer from v3 to
v6b1 from an existing installation of Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE,
and Windows Millennium. The removal process eliminates 99% of Internet
Explorer's files and registry keys to clear approximately 30MB or more of
disk space. The remaining 1% is left behind to maintain compatibility with
programs that use the MS HTML layout engine (e.g. Outlook Express).
This version is more agressive in cleaning up IE than 2001 is if you really
want to clean up your system use this version.
++

Panda Quick Remover 3.2.1.0
specialized virus removal
http://www.webattack.com/get/pandaquick.shtml

This tool from panda Anti-Virus automatically repairs infections of
"popular" worms and viruses and restores original system and registry
configuration. Panda Quick Remover can currently detect and remove the
following infections: BADTRANS, VOTE, SIRCAM, ANNA KOURNIKOVA, HELP, KAK
WORM, NAVIDAD, SHELL SCRAP, KLEZ, NIMDA, FUNLOVE, COOL NOTEPAD, I LOVE YOU,
MATRIX, PRETTY PARK, VERONA.
++

Eye Witness:  History through the eyes of those who lived it.

http://ibiscom.com/

I thought this would be a good site to bookmark for those that have
kids - research for history reports, etc.

Thanks to; Terry
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Computer_Help_and_Discussion

Search Engine Showdown: The Users' Guide to Web Searching
http://www.searchengineshowdown.com/
Detailed analysis of Internet Search Engines, their features, databases, and
strategies.
Learn advanced searching secrets and more.
++

It's a Jungle Out There
http://www.hippoworks.com
Peep the Bird, Simon the Hippo and Silly Billy the Zebra populate
Hippoworks.com, where cheerful "cartoonlets" offer a fresh, fun place for
kids and parents to learn and laugh a little on a site pledged to uphold
pro-social, eco-friendly values to make the world a better place.
From; The Cool Tricks and Trinkets Newsletter # 224
Subscribe: mailto:cool-tricks-join-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seasonal Fun Packs From Microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/experiences/holiday/default.asp
This year, make inspired gifts using your own creativity and Windows XP.
Find out how you can work with and enjoy music, home movies, messaging, and
digital photos to create personalized presents, stay in touch with family
and friends, and enjoy a homemade holiday.

Download the Free Winter Fun Packs

 Get enhancements and tools to help you have fun with your computer and
Windows XP this holiday season.
Windows Media Player 9 Series Fun Pack
Windows Movie Maker 2 Fun Pack
Photos and Browsing Fun Pack
Winter Fun Screensavers
 ++

Christies Computer Corner thanks to Christy;
<1stPicksoftware-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe>

IconShop  ~ Freeware
http://users.pandora.be/liontech/Download.htm

IconShop is an icon librarian that offers the tools to manage ICL
icon libraries.

Read and write ICL icon libraries.
Drag and drop files and folders from the Windows Explorer onto
the IconShop window to process them.
Drag and drop icons or icon images between IconShop windows.
Extract icons from Windows icons, cursors, animated cursors, BMP
bitmaps, GIF bitmaps, TIFF bitmaps, XPM bitmaps, resources,
executables and libraries.
Extract icons from Macintosh icons, resources, executables,
IconDropper icon packs and Kaleidoscope schemes, including MacOS
8.5 24-bit and MacOS X 32-bit icons.
Export icons to icon, cursor BMP or TIFF bitmap format.
Tiny executable size.

~~~~~~~

Browsing back and forward with the Keyboard

Here's a keyboard shortcut that works in MS Internet Explorer, Netscape
Navigator and America Online's browser.

To move back to the previous Web page, instead of clicking on the back arrow
or icon, press and hold the Alt key and tap
the left arrow key. To move forward again, press Alt+right arrow.

Was this forwarded to you ?
Get your own subscription here:
<1stpickPCtips-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe>

Antivirus software is a good choice to scan your system for possible viruses,
however no virus scanner is 100% effective as manufactures cannot keep up with
the rapid change of viruses that happens daily.
Be sure to update yours regularly.
http://www.hackfix.org/software/antivirus.html
Please feel free, to offer constructive criticism, as that will help me keep it
interesting.
I also welcome any submissions about new products, web pages, or articles of
interest.

All submissions posted in MWN will be given proper credit.
"MikesWhatsNews" believes in giving credit where credit is due but at times
deadlines and information that is very important to readers we accidentally
misspost an item.

If you believe something to be miscredited, or you know the author of one of
the articles which we have posted as 'unknown', please do let us know so we can
correct the information where applicable.

Many times in a article you may see a click here for more information, or to go
to a link, these often will not work, as the original information, was taken
from a page with HTML links. This is when you will want to go to the webpage
indicated in the article, ++ ,for 'the rest of the story'
***MfM*** indicates that I am adding my own information to a particular
article.
                         `~*~*~*~*~*~`
Mike ~It's a good day if I learned something new.
You can read a sample of my newsletter on my web page http://www.mwn.ca
My virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
mytech@xxxxxxxxxxx
~*~*~*~*~
Was this forwarded to you? Want to subscribe? Send an email
to mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info mikeswhatsnews" without
the quotes.

If you wish to unsubscribe from our list send an email to
mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe

mikeswhatsnews-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              ~*~*~*~*~