[mi-redwoods] Re: Swim Across America 2013

  • From: Tricia Elmer <tricia.elmer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mi-redwoods@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 07:37:43 -0700

I don't know what to say...Thank you all!
It has been 7 weeks since my surgery and recovery has not been exactly what I
had expected or hoped, but there is progress and I hope to be back in the water
soon.   The good news is that they got all the cancer and that it had not
spread, so I am very happy about that.
I have been thinking of you all during these beautiful mornings of sunshine.

Tricia

On Jun 12, 2013, at 9:19 PM, Howard Jess wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Last year I foolishly agreed to captain a small team to represent the
> Redwoods at the annual Swim Across America ... and to my surprise, it was
> pretty fun and not really much work; and, we raised a lot of money for a
> great cause: the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
>
> So I'm willing to do it again (and am totally willing to share in the glory,
> if you're interested in helping). And this year we have a great cause: we're
> swimming to honor one of our own -- Tricia, who's currently recovering and on
> her way back to the water.
>
> Important details: the swim is Saturday September 7, in Lake Washington, from
> Mercerwood's beach to Luther Burbank park. Please join me on the Mercer
> Island Redwoods team at
> http://www.swimacrossamerica.org/site/TR/OpenWater/Seattle?team_id=6460&pg=team&fr_id=1959.
>  Click the Join Team link on that page and go from there.
>
> Thanks!!! and I'll see you in the water.
>
> hj

Tricia Elmer
tricia.elmer@xxxxxxx
206-240-9781