[meego-fi] Re: MeeGo summit FI 2012

  • From: Matti Saastamoinen <matti.saastamoinen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 11:23:57 +0300

I'm voting yes, count me in. Scope could include both, community and business (+1 to Artem for that). I hope time is ready for the business side then.

When? Mid April could work best.

Where? Tampere or Helsinki. Opinions?

By whom? Can the community (or Devaamo ry?) do this alone or do we need co-organizers like COSS/Hermia Ltd was this year?

Matti

On 30.08.2011 20:57, Artem Marchenko wrote:
Since now we do have a device and by Spring 2012 there will
definitely be some more (though maybe not handsets), it would be cool
to have a bit of focus not on MeeGo in general, but on what you can
do with concrete MeeGo devices from unusual applications to business
models.

Artem.

On Aug 30, 2011, at 8:52 PM, Timo Härkönen wrote:

I think it's time to open the discussion about the next MeeGo
summit FI.

Starting with: are we even going to arrange it? I'm voting yes :)

If yes - when? I think it should happen around the same time as
this year (mid april) since the MeeGo conference is going be in the
beginning of the year.

20:17<  DawnFoster>  #info We still haven't finalized a date /
location for the next MeeGo Conference, but we're looking at the
early part of 2012 in the U.S. We're searching for space
availability now.

Also one thing worth discussing is that do we keep the focus only
in MeeGo(.com). I'd personally like to see the main focus being in
the community stuff happening around meego (surrounds, formeego,
Qt, community obs, etc. things interesting from the OSS community
pow).

I'm proposising that we get a small(ish) group of people together
and start pushing this thing forward. Count me in.

thoughts?

-Timo