[meego-fi] Re: MeeGo summit FI 2012

  • From: Matti Saastamoinen <matti.saastamoinen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 17:11:32 +0300

For COSS/Hermia the arrangements would be easier in Tampere. We also have very good connections with local partners in Tampere (venues, catering, sponsors, ...). However, I don't want to make any restrictions because of that and the summit most probably would give a good boost for e.g. Helsinki community.

I agree that we need active local people from the city the summit will be arranged in. Especially if the summit will be same kind of a success as this year.

Matti

On 31.08.2011 16:42, Ville Jyrkkä wrote:
I have same opinion with Jarkko and Timo. The most active people are in
Tampere. If there are not people from Helsinki who present themselves on
the mailing list and are willing to arrange the event in Helsinki, then
it should be in Tampere.
-jykae

On 31.08.2011 16:08, Timo Härkönen wrote:

2011/8/31 Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx
<mailto:Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx>>

    Hi,

    Quoting Carol Chen <cybette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:cybette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>:

        I'm in. I vote for it being in a different city and possibly
        co-organizing
        with Hermia/Coss.

    I'm ok with any city in Finland. It could be Tampere. Then again
    it could be for example Helsinki (and the surrounding cities. But
    the latter option however requires that people outside Tampere
    will wake up. So far most of the active people in this discussion
    have been from Tampere.

    /Jarkko

I don't have too strong opinions on the location byt I would have it
in Tampere unless someone has strong opinions on having it elsewhere
and people in general commit to arranging it there. In any case the
location should be decided IMO soon.

And I was kinda hoping that the event could be co-organized with
hermia, coss and the yet-to-be-formed association. So +1 for
co-organizing with Hermia/coss.

So let's have a meething to get the association up asap. we can go
through the changes to the rules, etc. there. I'd guess demola would
be a good place to have it.

-Timo

        Carol.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Carol Chen
        cybette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:cybette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        Community Manager, MeeGo Network Finland (MNFI)
        Organizer, Tampere MeeGo Network (TMN)
        Local Device Program (LDP) Manager
        http://meegonetwork.fi

        On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Matti Saastamoinen <
        matti.saastamoinen@xxxxxxx
        <mailto:matti.saastamoinen@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

            I'm voting yes, count me in. Scope could include both,
            community and
            business (+1 to Artem for that). I hope time is ready for
            the business side
            then.

            When? Mid April could work best.

            Where? Tampere or Helsinki. Opinions?

            By whom? Can the community (or Devaamo ry?) do this alone
            or do we need
            co-organizers like COSS/Hermia Ltd was this year?

            Matti

            On 30.08.2011 20:57, Artem Marchenko wrote:

                Since now we do have a device and by Spring 2012 there
                will
                definitely be some more (though maybe not handsets),
                it would be cool
                to have a bit of focus not on MeeGo in general, but on
                what you can
                do with concrete MeeGo devices from unusual
                applications to business
                models.

                Artem.

                On Aug 30, 2011, at 8:52 PM, Timo Härkönen wrote:

                I think it's time to open the discussion about the
                next MeeGo

                    summit FI.

                    Starting with: are we even going to arrange it?
                    I'm voting yes :)

                    If yes - when? I think it should happen around the
                    same time as
                    this year (mid april) since the MeeGo conference
                    is going be in the
                    beginning of the year.

                    20:17< DawnFoster> #info We still haven't
                    finalized a date /
                    location for the next MeeGo Conference, but we're
                    looking at the
                    early part of 2012 in the U.S. We're searching for
                    space
                    availability now.

                    Also one thing worth discussing is that do we keep
                    the focus only
                    in MeeGo(.com). I'd personally like to see the
                    main focus being in
                    the community stuff happening around meego
                    (surrounds, formeego,
                    Qt, community obs, etc. things interesting from
                    the OSS community
                    pow).

                    I'm proposising that we get a small(ish) group of
                    people together
                    and start pushing this thing forward. Count me in.

                    thoughts?

                    -Timo

    Jarkko Moilanen (phone: +358 46 640 8339
    <tel:%2B358%2046%20640%208339>)
    M.Soc.Sc <http://M.Soc.Sc>. (Political Science)
    PhD Student, Information studies, University of Tampere
    Blog: Extreme activities in cyberspace -
    http://extreme.ajatukseni.net/
    Founder of Hackerspace 5w, Finland, Tampere - 5w.fi <http://5w.fi>