[macvoiceover] "title" controls?

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 11:39:21 -0700

Hi Everyone
Has anyone else seen the sort of tab groups, such as those in the Omniweb browser from www.omnigroup.com, where there are many tabs but Voiceover cannot see them? In fact, all Voiceover says when it comes across those is "title." If the program allows tab navigation you can tab to them, but Voiceover appears to say nothing. Yes, in Omniweb there's a way to work around these by using the previous and next buttons, but some other programs I've run across don't, and won't allow keyboard navigation. I'd like to report this to Apple, but before I do, has anyone else seen this? I remember seeing it in Tiger as well. What type of controls are these? Has anyone found a way to interact with them? I suspect they're tab groups, as that's what the mouse reports if I put the mouse over them, but I don't get anything more substantial than that.

Thanks