[macvoiceover] Re: the games posted on softcon

  • From: The BlindTechs Network <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 18:33:22 -0700

what is the address? http://softcon.com doesn't seem to work for me.

The BlindTechs Network
www.theblindtechsnetwork.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
623-565-9357 (phoenix Arizona voice)
(206) 984-9484 (Fax Phone)
562-219-2309 (Los Angeles California voice)

On Feb 10, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

Hello all.
Compliments of a user here, I've been informed that the text games I've posted on softcon may give folks trouble if executed from the finder (battlestar works, but world doesn't) To fix this problem, you'll need to open a terminal session, and execute the game directly from the shell prompt.

After the terminal is open,
cd worldsrc
./world

Note, the worldsrc folder is likely going to be created in your downloads folder under leopard, or your desktop under tiger (unless you've changed it) I'll work on a solution for this, possibly wraping the executables in some apple scripts or something to make sure the environment is setup properly for running the games.
Stay tuned. And, thanks to John for alerting me to this problem.