[macvoiceover] Re: terminal emulator that supports 3270 emulation?

  • From: Travis Siegel <tsiegel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:18:33 -0500

On Mar 23, 2011, at 12:34 AM, Justin Mann wrote:

Hi there,
Any of you all know of a good terminal emulator that will connect to something like an as400 on a mac? Maybe something comparable to rumba on a PC?

You can just use telnet to connect to your mainframe, it comes built- in to every mac, and it's compatible with anything at all. You can even program your function keys to send commands to the remote machine if so desired. It's in the preferences of terminal, and it has several emulations built-in, but you can define your own if you need something other than what is already there. I'd look to see what's there, but I'm on a tiger machine at the moment, so that wouldn't tell you what's available on snowleopard.

hth.