[macvoiceover] Voiceover crashing on some macs.

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:54:10 -0400

Hi folks,

The problem.   When a lot of things are on the screen, Voiceover seems to want
to re focus on one of the other things which may have updated, or, changed in
some way and interrupt speech.

Here are some things which may help those of you who are having the problem..

1.  Make sure that you have repaired permissions.
2.  Clean off your desktop.  A cluttered desktop will add to this problem.
3.  Close the apps,or, widgets  you are not using, these are a drain on your
system resources.
4.  Use a different voice for system announcements.  If you are using the same
voice for system announcements and to do your work you will run in to problems.
 No voice can do 2 things at the same time with out at some point running in to
a problem.
If you are using the same voice for most every thing like system messages,
Skype and trying to type, or, read something, and so on, you may at some point
see this problem.
HTH.

Keith Reedy
Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from
Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.  J Hudson Taylor.