[macvoiceover] Re: mail issue

  • From: Chantel Cuddemi <jawsgirl87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:23:11 -0400

I haven't tried that yet.
On Oct 13, 2009, at 6:05 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

I didn't read all messages on this thread, but did you try removing all mail files in your home folder? You will have to configure your accounts again, but it might fix it.
On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:54 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

No no, I know you weren't insulting Brandon. I never thought at all.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:48 PM, Ron J. wrote:

Chantel,

HOpe you didn't think I was being insulting to Brandon? To the contrary. Usually, on Macs at least, reinstalling the OS is only necessary in really extreme situations. Most times, the problem is something simple - a corrupted preferences file, a improperly set setting, etc.

Honestly, since I've been using OS X, since 2005, I've maybe reinstalled the OS once?

Take care,

Ron

On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:41 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

Thanks, Ron. Well, Brandon will see the replies.
On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Ron J. wrote:

Chantel,

What's going on with you sounds really strange. I just tried navigating to my Date Received column in my messages table, did VO-Shift-Backslash, and things sorted just fine. Even tried it on other columns, with equal success. It appears, whether or not you have cursor tracking toggled on or off (VO-Shift-F3), makes no difference.

I think Brandon's suggestion of reinstalling the OS is a bit extreme. There must be a simpler answer, but at this point, I'm not sure exactly what it would be Perhaps someone wiser than I has an Idea what's up with Mail and VO on your computer.

        Good luck!  Hope you get it working properly!

Take care,

Ron

On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:19 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

Hey Ron, I tried htato n two of the columns, but it didn't work. Brandon Misch thinks I need to reinstall the os.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:15 PM, Ron J. wrote:

Chantel,

The way you do this is to interact with the messages table (VO-Shift-Down Arrow), VO-Right Arrow till you hear the column you want to sort, then do VO-Shift-Backslash, and VO should say either "Sort Up", or "Sort Down". This should get your messages sorted the way you want them.

HTH?

Ron

On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:05 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

How do I accomplish this?
On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:01 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

well, there's threading and sorting on different fields via their column headings.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

Hi, all,
I am having an issue with mail.
For some weird reason, my mail messages are not being sorted properly. The date received is going all over the place when I read emails. I've tried everything you can think of, all of which is in the view menu.
Any thoughts?

Ron J. | AKA Ganahee

Check out my blog at: http://ganahee.wordpress.com/

Messenger Services:

        AIM: Ganahee
MSN: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: Ganahee
Twitter: Ganahee_SD
Yahoo!: Ganahee

Alternate Contact:

        E-Mail: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxx

        Phone, Home: 605-425-3270
        Phone, Cell: 605-759-0694

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals. Then something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".

Ron J. | AKA Ganahee

Check out my blog at: http://ganahee.wordpress.com/

Messenger Services:

        AIM: Ganahee
MSN: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: Ganahee
Twitter: Ganahee_SD
Yahoo!: Ganahee

Alternate Contact:

        E-Mail: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxx

        Phone, Home: 605-425-3270
        Phone, Cell: 605-759-0694

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals. Then something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".

Ron J. | AKA Ganahee

Check out my blog at: http://ganahee.wordpress.com/

Messenger Services:

        AIM: Ganahee
MSN: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: Ganahee
Twitter: Ganahee_SD
Yahoo!: Ganahee

Alternate Contact:

        E-Mail: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxx

        Phone, Home: 605-425-3270
        Phone, Cell: 605-759-0694

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals. Then something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".