[macvoiceover] Re: mail issue

  • From: Chantel Cuddemi <jawsgirl87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:54:45 -0400

No no, I know you weren't insulting Brandon. I never thought at all.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:48 PM, Ron J. wrote:

Chantel,

HOpe you didn't think I was being insulting to Brandon? To the contrary. Usually, on Macs at least, reinstalling the OS is only necessary in really extreme situations. Most times, the problem is something simple - a corrupted preferences file, a improperly set setting, etc.

Honestly, since I've been using OS X, since 2005, I've maybe reinstalled the OS once?

Take care,

Ron

On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:41 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

Thanks, Ron. Well, Brandon will see the replies.
On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Ron J. wrote:

Chantel,

What's going on with you sounds really strange. I just tried navigating to my Date Received column in my messages table, did VO- Shift-Backslash, and things sorted just fine. Even tried it on other columns, with equal success. It appears, whether or not you have cursor tracking toggled on or off (VO-Shift-F3), makes no difference.

I think Brandon's suggestion of reinstalling the OS is a bit extreme. There must be a simpler answer, but at this point, I'm not sure exactly what it would be Perhaps someone wiser than I has an Idea what's up with Mail and VO on your computer.

        Good luck!  Hope you get it working properly!

Take care,

Ron

On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:19 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

Hey Ron, I tried htato n two of the columns, but it didn't work. Brandon Misch thinks I need to reinstall the os.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:15 PM, Ron J. wrote:

Chantel,

The way you do this is to interact with the messages table (VO- Shift-Down Arrow), VO-Right Arrow till you hear the column you want to sort, then do VO-Shift-Backslash, and VO should say either "Sort Up", or "Sort Down". This should get your messages sorted the way you want them.

HTH?

Ron

On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:05 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

How do I accomplish this?
On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:01 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

well, there's threading and sorting on different fields via their column headings.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

Hi, all,
I am having an issue with mail.
For some weird reason, my mail messages are not being sorted properly. The date received is going all over the place when I read emails. I've tried everything you can think of, all of which is in the view menu.
Any thoughts?

Ron J. | AKA Ganahee

Check out my blog at: http://ganahee.wordpress.com/

Messenger Services:

        AIM: Ganahee
MSN: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: Ganahee
Twitter: Ganahee_SD
Yahoo!: Ganahee

Alternate Contact:

        E-Mail: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxx

        Phone, Home: 605-425-3270
        Phone, Cell: 605-759-0694

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals. Then something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".

Ron J. | AKA Ganahee

Check out my blog at: http://ganahee.wordpress.com/

Messenger Services:

        AIM: Ganahee
MSN: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: Ganahee
Twitter: Ganahee_SD
Yahoo!: Ganahee

Alternate Contact:

        E-Mail: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxx

        Phone, Home: 605-425-3270
        Phone, Cell: 605-759-0694

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals. Then something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".

Ron J. | AKA Ganahee

Check out my blog at: http://ganahee.wordpress.com/

Messenger Services:

        AIM: Ganahee
MSN: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: Ganahee
Twitter: Ganahee_SD
Yahoo!: Ganahee

Alternate Contact:

        E-Mail: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxx

        Phone, Home: 605-425-3270
        Phone, Cell: 605-759-0694

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals. Then something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".