[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone battery with VO?

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 01:54:55 -0500

The IPhone is a spectacular phone, for many reasons, but its battery is
absolutely terrible. Anyone that has become accustomed to the the 2-3 days of
battery power from a standard cell phone battery, or the 5-7 days of power
available from extended batteries, will be shocked at the less than 2 days
power of the IPhone.

Your experience is very typical. Hopefully Apple will fix the drains from
VoiceOver in a future OS release. They might also include a larger battery in
future versions of the IPhone. I don't use a phone based on what it might do
some day, though, so, as impressive as the IPhone can be, I still use an Nokia
E71, with an extended battery, and use web, e-mail, and GPS, for up to 7 days
on a single charge.

Bryan