[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone battery with VO?

  • From: Alex de Jong <dejonga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 09:19:15 +0100

If you get a new iPhone, cycle it at least once first. Lithium batteries
need some time to reach their full capacity, so the battery use you see the
first couple of days is not an indication for how the battery will behave
during normal use. I've had my iPhone for a few months now, and if I compare
with people who don't use VoiceOver, the power use is about the same. That
being said, I do use my iPhone more heavily and so I bought a Juicepack for
it, but I know a good number of people, also heavy users, who have done the
same and don't use VoiceOver. Big battery drainers are push email, location
services and high screen brightness

hth