[macvoiceover] Re: getting quick time to play .pls files

  • From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:43:05 -0400

more on this, as I stated in my message, the only reason to change the file
association would be if the app did not provide support for vo.  It is easy
to somewhere down the line forget you've changed a file association and then
wonder why something is broken because of it.  If you want to use quicktime
instead of ITunes for some reason, open qt, open the file from there.  Oh,
it's your blessed computer, but if you want to save yourself a lot of grief,
don't mess with the way it does thing too much.  We already have people who
have taken their macs back because they ruined them due to lack of adherence
to good instruction from others on the lists.  We have folk who are still
asking questions about how to fix something they broke contrary to the
suggestions of those on the list who have been there and done that.

The instructions for changing the association have already been provided so
I did not provide in any of my messages and I agree with those who wish to
help by providing info that corrects false assumptions.  You cannot expect
The Mac to act like windows unless it does.  Unlike windows, the Mac os is
built sharply and efficiently so unless there is some really equatable
reason to do so, changing its behaviour is counterproductive.