[macvoiceover] Re: gb question

  • From: Lewis Brock <lewisjbrock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:11:29 +0100

hey there

well first off its 1.2gb disk space and is not memory effective until the sample banks are loaded. so therfore it won't affect the behaviour of your mac system in any way. so download the patches either from the net which doesnt take that long or install from the DVd either way it will help lol as it also covers some instrument samples and patches.

lew

On 31 Mar 2008, at 20:00, Ginny wrote:

OK, this is admittedly a silly question that I should know the answer to, but I unfortunately do not. When I was attempting to muddle through the loops in gb last night, I selected one and received the message that I’d need to install this particular loop from the internet or my dvd. The message said that installing the set of loops—which I’m assuming is on the ILife DVD—would take up 1.2 gb of ram. Now that I have my Mac drive split between Windows and Leopard, I would assume that I’d really slow down my system by installing this package. Is it correct to assume that since my hard drive is split, my 2 gb of memory is also split between the two?
Thanks for your help.
Ginny

Lewis Brock
Totally Blind musician and composer of 21st century music

PHONE: +44 07857 352828
E-MAIL: lewisjbrock@xxxxxxx
MSN: lewis.brock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
SKYPE: lewisjbrock