[macvoiceover] Re: X-Code development with VO

  • From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:59:00 -0400 (EDT)

No, I don't do skype.  How I got into mono was through vbnc because my
employer is having much developed in dot net and visualbasic is more
widely known to the existing work force.  As it turned out, I can do
console-based programming but Microsoft's G.U.I. programming interface
in dot net wasn't designed for people that come to windows with no
memory of vision.  Additional packages exist to level that playing field
but will never get past network security so installing them on a work
computer will be a firing offense.  I've been told I will loose the
computer on the same day this is discovered which will be a few minutes
after installation and will have lost my job by the end of that same day
in the event I ever install those packages.  What I can do though
without getting fired is to set everything up on a test bed computer
beyond network security control and use dot net along with add-on
packages and make sure by virtue of doing demo projects that those
add-on packages will work in my case.  There are claims these add-on
packages work, but nothing beyond those to back them up.  Once demo
projects are done, I can email source code to anyone interested then
they can at their convenience build those projects and run them.  I
think I will also provide executables and documentation for each of them
too.  Once that's done with the test bed computer I return the test bed
computer to the provider since its work will by that time have been
done.  A few more months and my involvement with dot net insofar as it
concerns my employer should be well and truely over since the test bed
computer is here and needing proper configuration and software
installation to get the rest of the process underway.