[macvoiceover] X-Code development with VO

  • From: Robin Kipp <mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: viphone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 20:10:04 +0200

Hi all,
first, sorry for cross posting! In the past, I've been experimenting with
various programming languages. Visual Basic many many years ago back in those
dark days when I was still a Windows user, then some php and Python. However, I
feel I'd love to develop apps that are fully integrated into the frameworks and
structures of Mac OS and possibly iOS.
However, all my attempts to get started have failed miserably so far. I do have
access to the Mac Dev Center and downloaded the latest version of xCode.
However, the Dev Center is so flooded with documentation material that I have
no idea where to start. And whenever I start walking through a handy
getting-started tutorial, I crash at some point because it wants me to craft
some UI, which I can't because the Interface Builder is inaccessible. However,
I know that some VI people have successfully developed apps. So, the question
is really... As a VO user who is seriously interested in developing apps for
the Mac and eventually iOS-based devices, where do I have to start? What are
limitations of xCode, and how can I come up with a GUI by myself?
Thanks for any help on this!!!
Robin>