[macvoiceover] Re: Windows on a Mac

  • From: "Sarah Clark" <goldflash9@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:26:44 -0700

Hi David,

You said... "but the interaction between the os
and VoiceOver is much different and actually better than that between
windows and windows screen readers even though there is some functionality
that is not as well developped and despite the fact that it does not work
with office for the Mac."
If VO doesn't work with Office for the mac, then is there a way to use a word processor kind of equivalent to Word and Excel on the mac?

you said.. "VoiceOver was
built-in to the Mac OS and works directly with it and its native apps as
well as apps written to take advantage of it.  The Mac os doesn't really see
the windows apps you have on the system which is why the virtuaallization
takes place to bring the apps to the hardware."
I don't quite follow what you mean by the last sentence. Are you saying that because of the virtualization that VO will in fact be able to interact with the Windows files?
If not, do you have any experience using Jaws with Windows on a fusion mac?

And from what I understand, Windows Vista now works fine with the latest version of Jaws, so getting that instead of XP wouldn't be a problem.

Sarah

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>