[macvoiceover] VO available when booting from install disk?

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 13:19:43 -0600

Hi everyone,

This morning when I turned on my iMac it took 15 - 20 minutes to boot up.  I
restarted and once again the boot time was 15 - 20 minutes.  I had my brother
come over to see if there was any error messages on the screen, but there was
only a white screen.

The only thing I did yesterday was plug in a USB receiver for my wireless
LogicTech headset.  I left the USB receiver plugged in... could this affect the
booting of my Mac?

Anyway, I talked to someone at Apple and he wanted me to boot from my install
DVD.  We did this, but I wasn't able to get VO to come on.  Does VO work when
booting from the DVD?  If so, how do I get it to start?  I tried pressing
Command F5, but no go!

Thanks for any help.

Russell>