[macvoiceover] Re: Using Victor Reader Stream on a Mac

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:11:14 -0600

Yes it can be connected to the Mac but I would not suggest using the Stream itself as the card reader. Rather you will be much better served by buying an inexpensive SD card reader and connecting that to the mac and then putting your SD cards into that to transfer files.

I have a small utility called iStream which can help in transferring files backing up the stream and performing other similar tasks. you can download it from http://code.google.com/p/istream/downloads/list

Greg Kearney
On Sep 9, 2008, at 1:57 PM, Scott Blanks wrote:

Hi all,

Can the Victor Stream daisy and mp3 player be connected successfully to a mac computer? If the computer is running the current version of VoiceOver, can common Stream-related tasks be performed by a blind user, such as moving books onto the stream, copying notes from the stream to a computer, and working with folders on the Stream?

Thanks,
Scott