[macvoiceover] Recording text books using Alex

  • From: Orin <orin.angi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: General discussions on all topics relating to the use of Mac OS X by the blind <discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 20:41:02 -0500

Hi all,

Is there a way that I could record PDF documents with Alex? I just downloaded a PDF file and can successfully read it in preview, but I'd honestly rather have it in mp3 format. Also, it'd be nice if I can only have the copyright information at the beginning and end, whenever I go to a new page in preview it gives me the copyright info on every page, kind of annoying.

What's wierd with VoiceOver, is that Alex, even when there isn't a comma, pauses as if there was one. With the system voice, it doesn't do this, so I would like it to be recorded with the system voice. I would also like to raise the speed a bit, the default is extremely slow.

Thanks.