[macvoiceover] Re: Radio Spirits on the Mac

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 10:19:08 -0600

Well, if it's using windows media version 9 or above, there's nothing you can do, because there's nothing on the mac that will play wmv files that are v9+. I've looked at the site, but not tried to get it working, so it's possible windows media player for mac will work, I've not tried it, but in general, if flip for mac won't work, it's not likely the windows media player will either.

But, it's certainly worth a try.
I used to use flip for mac when listening to baseball games, but since they've gotten even more up noxious with their streams, I no longer subscribe to that service, so have nothing that needs wmv file formats to be played, so haven't bothered to look for anything to work with them in the last couple years. If you do find something that works, please post here, others might be interested.
On Mar 1, 2008, at 8:32 AM, vashaun jones wrote:

Listers, I am trying to help a client who's head is stuck in the Windows world. He listens to radiospirits.com on Windows boxes, but we can't figure out how to get it to play on the Mac. We have Prean, Windows Media Player for Mac, Flip for mac and none of these applications and plug-ins work. Can someone please help me?