[macvoiceover] Re: Other backup solutions for the Mac?

  • From: matthew T dyer <ilovecountrymusic483@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 12:37:39 -0400

Robin, Have you looked at supperdooper? On blindcooltech mike just did a review lof it as a part of his review of different programs. Yyou can not only get an intire clone of the hard drive, but if you need to you can run the os rite on the hardrive itself if need be. It sounds cool. As for me I am happy with time machine and it does what I need it to do. Just my thoughts.

Matthew

On Jul 25, 2009, at 3:07 PM, Robin Kipp wrote:

Hi all,
OK, quite honestly, I'm not too happy with Time Machine and ist backups. This is because it seems impossible to manually start creating a backup, schedule backups and stuff like that, also in order to restore a backup you need to boot from the Mac Os DVD, there's no restore button in Time
Machine directly. Does anyone know of a better backup solution for the
Mac? Maybe something that creates a complete image of the hard drive and
features a restore function right in the program. Any hints highly
appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Robin.