[macvoiceover] Re: Other backup solutions for the Mac?

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 16:17:25 -0600

Hi,

The guy at the Mac store where I bought my iMac told me that Time Machine works very well for backing up your Mac. He said it creates a bootable image, so if something happened that you weren't able to boot into your computer, you could boot off the external drive that you backed up to. He also said that any file you change on your computer, automatically gets backed up to the external drive.

I know that Mike did a PodCast where talked about Super Duper, and it sounded very cool, but I don't know what the difference is between Time Machine and Super Duper, other than Time Machine is part of OS X, so you don't need to pay extra for it. Any ideas on this? Does VO work well with Time Machine?

Thanks,

Russell

Russell
On 9-Aug-09, at 3:53 PM, Ginny Owens wrote:

Has anyone used Carbonite with your Mac?

Ginny Owens
Official site:  http://www.ginnyowens.com
MySpace:  http://www.myspace.com/ginnyowens
Be my fan on Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ginny-Owens/7671492734