[macvoiceover] Re: Making DVD's with Drag and Burn

  • From: Shaun Jones <vjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 07:29:59 -0500

OK, it's done, it works and you rock. Thanks for that info!
On Feb 5, 2008, at 6:38 AM, Tim Grady wrote:

Forget that because it won't help you with Dragonburn and anyway isn't true. What you need to do though is interact with the table of the dvd you are trying to make. You should see three rows, untitled(which will be expanded), audio.ts and video.ts. Choose the video.ts folder and stop interacting with the table. Click on the add files button and navigate to the video.ts folder you are trying to copy and expand it. Select all of the files with command-a. Stop interacting with the table and choose select. Make sure that the Video.ts folder in the table of the copy you are trying to make is the same size as your copy. Select your drive and burn. It is highly unlikely that y'll have any audio.ts files unless you have a music dvd so that folder should remain 0. You're right, the top folder in that structure is untitled, but so far I haven't figured out how to give it a name. The only thing I do know is if you try to change the folder structure you'll end up with a coaster.
On Feb 4, 2008, at 5:51 PM, Shaun Jones wrote:

I understand root directories, however I don't know how to accomplish this using Drag and burn. By any chance do you know what I am missing. I can only create a disc that says untitled and when I open this disc it says video TS and Audio TS, so I don't know what I am missing.
On Feb 4, 2008, at 4:39 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

When you make a dvd disk, the video files *have to* be in the video_ts directory. This directory must bee of the root of the disk, and there can be an audio_ts directory, though if there isn't, or if it's empty, nothing will be lost, since there's no requirement for them to be present. However, all video files *must* be in the video_ts directory, or the dvd drive won't read them.
On Feb 4, 2008, at 1:32 PM, Shaun Jones wrote:

Does anyone use Drag and Burn to make DVD movies? I keep making coasters every time I try to make one. What I have is a ripped movie in DVD format with the video and audio TS files. When I add them to the list I get a disc that is labeled untitled and when I right arrow I see the audio and video files. Even though the finder shows the movie title with the video and audio files I can't seem to make a clean copy. Can someone help with this process because I only have 4 DVD's and I would like to give my daughter this movie. Thanks