[macvoiceover] Re: Making DVD's with Drag and Burn

  • From: Shaun Jones <vjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:51:36 -0500

I understand root directories, however I don't know how to accomplish this using Drag and burn. By any chance do you know what I am missing. I can only create a disc that says untitled and when I open this disc it says video TS and Audio TS, so I don't know what I am missing.

On Feb 4, 2008, at 4:39 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

When you make a dvd disk, the video files *have to* be in the video_ts directory. This directory must bee of the root of the disk, and there can be an audio_ts directory, though if there isn't, or if it's empty, nothing will be lost, since there's no requirement for them to be present. However, all video files *must* be in the video_ts directory, or the dvd drive won't read them.
On Feb 4, 2008, at 1:32 PM, Shaun Jones wrote:

Does anyone use Drag and Burn to make DVD movies? I keep making coasters every time I try to make one. What I have is a ripped movie in DVD format with the video and audio TS files. When I add them to the list I get a disc that is labeled untitled and when I right arrow I see the audio and video files. Even though the finder shows the movie title with the video and audio files I can't seem to make a clean copy. Can someone help with this process because I only have 4 DVD's and I would like to give my daughter this movie. Thanks