[macvoiceover] Re: Making DVD's with Drag and Burn

  • From: Shaun Jones <vjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 06:19:47 -0500

OK, first of all thanks for wanting to help. From the beginning, I have a movie on my hard drive. It's a actual ripped DVD. I know it will play in the Mac's DVD player using DVD player because I can point DVD player to the file and it will play. I open Drag and Burn, go to data CD/DVD,change that hybrid juliet to DVD movie. I leave the filter to all, in the table I see expanded untitled and under that I see audio TS then video TS. I move to the button that says add files and folders. I find the movie and open it from within Drag and Burn. Now I see the same untitled stuff and the movie with the audio and video TS files. Last I move to the check box and check it. A dialog opens and I press Burn Disc, 12 minutes later I get a new coaster. The DVD shows up in Finder as Untitled and opens to video and audio TS files that can't be read by DVD player. What do you think?

On Feb 5, 2008, at 5:59 AM, Tim Grady wrote:

OK, I don't know how to title them, but I have made some with Dragonburn. But I'll have to know exactly what you're trying to do as Dragonburn might not be what you need or at least you may need additional software.
On Feb 4, 2008, at 2:32 PM, Shaun Jones wrote:

Does anyone use Drag and Burn to make DVD movies? I keep making coasters every time I try to make one. What I have is a ripped movie in DVD format with the video and audio TS files. When I add them to the list I get a disc that is labeled untitled and when I right arrow I see the audio and video files. Even though the finder shows the movie title with the video and audio files I can't seem to make a clean copy. Can someone help with this process because I only have 4 DVD's and I would like to give my daughter this movie. Thanks