[macvoiceover] Re: Installing Leopard using VO

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 20:33:12 -0500

Cheryl
You're correct about having to use fn+command+f5 on a laptop. You also need to do this if using the apple bluetooth keyboard (yes, you can install with the bluetooth keyboard, bluetooth is initialized at system boot).

On Feb 9, 2009, at 20:28, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

You can install Leopard either by starting the computer while holding down the C key with the dvd in place or by putting the dvd in, opening the installer, etc. as you described above. There's absolutely no problem installing with vo using speech; with a laptop you might have to use command-FNkey-f5 but those with laptops will be able to tell you that for sure. If speech isn't loud enough, do cmd-option-ctrl-right arrow I think twice to volume, and then do ctrl-option-up arrow repeatedly until it stops getting louder or you hear a ping sound, even if the volume already says 100 percent. The install is totally accessible. If you saw a website that only explained installing with braille, I'm assuming the ability to install with speech was just taken for granted, but then I know one should never assume anything--*grin*!!!

Hth.

--
Cheryl

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
        --Douglas Adams