[macvoiceover] Re: Installing Leopard using VO

  • From: Dan <keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:51:01 -0800

Hello,
It will work with Leopard as well.

Dan

keysjd@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Feb 10, 2009, at 8:20 PM, Ron J. wrote:

Hey all,

Just tried booting to the Tiger DVD on my iBook, and once booted, I did FN-Command-F5, and sure enough, VO came up talking! I increased the speech rate, from the default, and was able to review the installer, just fine.

I accomplished this by inserting the DVD into the already running iBook, launched the installer, then clicked "Restart". I'm sure it'll work exactly the same way, if I simply reboot and hold down the C-key, during the chimes.

If Tiger does this, I'm sure Leopard will do exactly the same thing. Wish I'd known this, back when we first got Tiger, back in '05!

I'm still gonna try this, on the MacBook, tomorrow, just to see (uh, hear) it work. <grin> ONce I'm up and running, I'll be sure to post the results.

        Thanks to everyone for their helpful posts!

Regards,

Ron J.

On Feb 10, 2009, at 1:07 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

I have installed Leopard using VO with no problems at all. When you press command+fn+f5 VO starts talking (not with Alex's voice...) and everything is perfectly accessible.
On Feb 9, 2009, at 9:58 PM, Ron J. wrote:

Travis,

Sounds like that should help plenty! Will find out, for sure, on Wednesday, unless, of course, the laptop manages to get out here to the boonies, sooner! <grin>

Thanks,

Ron

P.S.

Have you had any more chance to look into why your News Reader program doesn't work on my system? Just thought I'd inquire while I was here. Again, thanks!

On Feb 9, 2009, at 8:43 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

Both methods you describe are perfectly acceptable.
I've used both of these methods to install copies of osx.
I've used only speech, not braille, so hope this helps.