[macvoiceover] Installing Leopard using VO

  • From: "Ron J." <ganahee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:08:08 -0600

HI all,

If someone on here could clarify something for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I recently purchased the MacBook Ginny was selling, and it's supposed to arrive on Wednesday the 11th. I don't know that she's wiped the drive clean, and re-installed Leopard, so I might want to do that when I get it.

I've seen folks on here say you can, indeed, install the OS yourself, using VO. Is this the case? If so, what's the procedure for accomplishing this? Do I need to insert the DVD, while the MacBook is booted, run the installer, click the Restart button, wait for the Mac to reboot to the DVD, then do Command-F5, or can I restart the Mac, hold the C-key down when I hear the chimes, wait for the DVD to finish booting, then issue Command-F5?

I've been under the impression that you could install OS X using a Braille display (which I don't possess), but not with speech. I remember seeing that on Apple's website, and nowhere did they say anything about being able to install the OS using speech. Am I all wrong on this? Seems like I've attempted this, in the past, with no success. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

I do use Skype, so if anyone wishes to contact me and/or add me to their contacts, my info is in my signature. Any help will be much appreciated! <grin>

Take care,

Ron

Ron J. | AKA Ganahee

Messenger Services:

        AIM: Ganahee
MSN: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: Ganahee
Twitter: Ganahee_SD
Yahoo!: Ganahee

Alternate Contact:

        E-Mail: Ganahee@xxxxxxxxx
        Phone: 605-759-0694

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals. Then something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".