[macvoiceover] Re: Help with Safari?

  • From: Dave Wilkinson <mac.dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:37:51 -0800

Many thanks. I've been using Item Choser and Link Chooser. Will change the TAB Key option. My main problem has been just getting used to the layout of pages on the MAC. On a page where I actually want to read the text and not go to another link, I'm having problems just getting to the body of the page. Not sure if I'm really making sense here. I'm sure part of it is breaking old habbits with traditional screen readers.

Many thanks again,
Dave
On Feb 11, 2008, at 11:55 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

hi dave,

two things you might find helpful.  Item chooser: control-option-i
and:
links list: control-option-u.

You can type ahead in each and move round a page that way.

You may also want to set safari up for easier screen reading use. To do this, there is one setting to change and that is in advanced preferences of safari. you want to check the box that allows tab to highlight items on a web page. this way, when you use the tab key, it goes from link to link.
The default is to go from form control to form control.  To get this
behavior once you've checked the box, use option-tab.

Under view and other menus where possible, hide the bars.

This should help and I'm sure others will have suggestions.