[macvoiceover] Alex on iPad mini 2

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 16:31:35 -0700

Hi all,

I was really close to going for the Yosemity upgrade, largely because I
wanted access to iBooks on the Mac with the Alex voice. I also like the
idea of copying text from cookbooks into my own recipe files, which is
still something of an incentive to going for the upgrade. But in the
meantime, I decided to go for ios 8.1 on mi iPad mini and thereby get
access to the Alex voice. And I must say, I'm loving it. Some folks had
complained that it wasn't as good on i-devices as on the Mac. But I'm
not hearing any difference. Given what I've heard about the unnecessary
verbosity of mail on Yosemity, I think I'll hold off and see if Apple
fixes it with the upgrade that is sure to come out. That and the wifi
issues that some are experiencing are kind of a caution light for me.
Alex and the new twitterific on ios8 have definitely made that upgrade
worth it.

Mary