[macvoiceover] Re: Adium Reading Back Messages

  • From: John Panarese <tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 22:08:50 -0500

Hi Rejean,
I don't know much about Apple scripts as of yet, so someone more knowledgeable will have to respond to that. I can tell you that Adium should speak the incoming messages if you have that specific event configured to do so. It does not require the, say, script.

Take Care

John Panarese

On Feb 17, 2008, at 7:45 PM, Rejean Proulx wrote:

You are absolutely right. I found it. I also installed a script called say that I think might speak messages as they come. So far it does nothing. Do I have to do something to activate scripts after I install them?

On 17-Feb-08, at 6:39 PM, John Panarese wrote:

Hi

There is an events button in Adium preferences as well. The process is similar to iChat, but a little more involved. Once you VO space on the Events button, you have to tab until you come to the events table. Then, you interact with the table to find the specific event. You might have to open collapsed groups, but using the VO h combination will identify the specific button for the event. Then, you have to add a speech or sound event. I can explain this off list if you'd like.

Take Care

John Panarese

On Feb 17, 2008, at 5:11 PM, Rejean Proulx wrote:

That is in Ichat. I was talking about Adium. That tab is not in Adium Preferences.
On 17-Feb-08, at 4:56 PM, John Panarese wrote:

You can configure Adium to do this in the Events tab of Adium preferences. There is a table you need to interact with and then use VO keys with H to read the buttons. You can set a variety of speech of sound alerts.

Take Care

John Panarese

On Feb 17, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Rejean Proulx wrote:

I installed Adium and want it to speak messages as soon as they come rather than having to use voice over cursor to read them. Is there a script or plugin to do that? I found one called say, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Rejean Proulx
rejean@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Rejean Proulx
rejean@xxxxxxxxxxxx