[macvoiceover] Re: Adium Reading Back Messages

  • From: Rejean Proulx <rejean@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:06:13 -0500

I found that you have to put in that %n %m stuff in order to tell it what you want the message to say. It is a little tricky to get it right, but I've got it saying something, so the battle is won. I just need to win the war. A little perseverance should do it.

On 18-Feb-08, at 4:53 PM, Tim Grady wrote:

OK, it's a little different then when it was first accessible. Now, you say you got the sounds working, good, let me check. Ok, you don't need to interact with the table, you just need to be in it. Now, you need to do this for every event you want to speak in the table. Select an event with the up and down arrors. All of the events are labeled now so you'll be able to tell what they are. Now, by default none of the events speak. If you just select an event and then hit the vo-right arror once you'll hit an add button. If you click that you'll add speach to the event. For whatever reason, whenever you add speech to an event it changes the order in the events table. You need to find the next event you want to speak and add to it. You find it by scrolling through the table until you don't hear "speak this event". Then you just do the vo- right arrow again and click on the add button. When you're finished just close the window.
On Feb 18, 2008, at 2:59 PM, Rejean Proulx wrote:

I am using 1.2.1 released January 18.
I got the sounds working now, just not echoing messages in voice.

On 18-Feb-08, at 9:26 AM, Tim Grady wrote:

He was talking about Adium.  What version are you using?
On Feb 17, 2008, at 5:11 PM, Rejean Proulx wrote:

That is in Ichat. I was talking about Adium. That tab is not in Adium Preferences.
On 17-Feb-08, at 4:56 PM, John Panarese wrote:

You can configure Adium to do this in the Events tab of Adium preferences. There is a table you need to interact with and then use VO keys with H to read the buttons. You can set a variety of speech of sound alerts.

Take Care

John Panarese

On Feb 17, 2008, at 4:34 PM, Rejean Proulx wrote:

I installed Adium and want it to speak messages as soon as they come rather than having to use voice over cursor to read them. Is there a script or plugin to do that? I found one called say, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Rejean Proulx
rejean@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Rejean Proulx
rejean@xxxxxxxxxxxx