[mac4theblind] Re: virus program

  • From: Scott Granados <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 18:55:37 +0000

Doug, it’s my honest opinion that you not bother. If you run your normal daily
access at a user level instead of admin and if you don’t download a lot of
programs from places other than the apple store you really don’t have anything
to worry about. Virus code just doesn’t work the same way it does in windows
because the Mac doesn’t have the vulnerabilities that the Microsoft products
do. If you must McCafee has an option which at least as much as I’ve used it
seemed accessible but honestly I wouldnt bother and I don’t say that lightly
being in the profession but I honestly feel you’ll be ok.

Thanks
Scott
’t Jun 2, 2015, at 2:52 PM, Doug Leavens <df.leavens@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there an accessible virus scanning/cleanup program for the mac?

Thanks in advance.