[mac4theblind] Re: iBooks Author

  • From: Joe Quinn <jdawg1983@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 22:15:20 -0500

where do you get this app from? That publishing site you mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 21, 2015, at 6:11 PM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, mark down. I use any ordinary text editor, then write in mark down and
insert my photos and captions that way as well. it then will sync to dropbox
and upload the changes. When I hit publish, it will create a pdf or epub or
kindle copy of the book and I can even publish changes. it will then let the
person who baught the book know of the changes if I choose to do so.
On Jun 21, 2015, at 2:52 PM, Joe Quinn <jdawg1983@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What do you write your books in? Pages?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 21, 2015, at 2:16 PM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have not used it, but when I tried it about 2 years ago it did not look
very user friendly. Also if you want to publish to the ibooks store you
need to pay at least I looked over 100 dollars for the UPB bar code needed
for the book.

I use a better service for publishing my ebooks called lean pub. If you
want to check out a sample book that is for ibooks, kindle and I cant'
remember what else right now check it out here.

https://leanpub.com/icecastqs

I'm working on a book on the new os which should be released a few days
after the new os is released.

Take care.
On Jun 21, 2015, at 12:03 PM, Joe Quinn <jdawg1983@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How accessible is iBooks Author for writing and designing iBooks to the
iBooks store?************

The url for this list, where one can unsubscribe or make any changes
to their list subscription is: