[mac4theblind] Re: To monitor or not to monitor

  • From: Kim Kilpatrick <kimjkilpatrick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:46:01 -0500

Hi there,
I struggled with this when I got my mac mini.  What I ended up doing was that I
had a monitor that had come with my PC computer many years ago.  I had hardly
used it.
So when I went to the apple store to get my mac, I took the cable from the back
of the monitor and showed it to them.
They said they had an adapter so I could use that monitor if I need to.
so I bought the adaptor.
When I brought the mac home, I plugged it in to make sure it works and every
now and then I need someone to look at the mac screen for me so I use it but
only rarely.
It is a cheaper option if you have an old monitor hanging around.
I also already had speakers so did not need to buy them.
This made buying my mac much cheaper.
Kim