[mac4theblind] Thinking of ways that direct touch typing can be improved

  • From: Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 11:04:08 +0100

Hi all, recently I've been using this mode of typing with VoiceOver a bit more
and it got me thinking as too how apple could take this a step further.
1 a gesture to delete a whole word instead of having to keep tapping the
delete key X number of times.
2. Sort of like the Braille input where by you perform a gesture after you've
typed the word.
So here's a couple of good examples.
Say I wanted to type the word have but end up with gave. Or a word like of but
wanted if instead,
then have some sort of gesture to change it. Sort of how Fleksy works. If you
know what I mean.

Anyone else got any good ideas on how they think apple could improve on direct
touch typing? ************