[mac4theblind] Re: Thinking of ways that direct touch typing can be improved

  • From: Kim Kilpatrick <kimjkilpatrick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 07:57:41 -0400

Thanks yes. Does it work quite well? Do a lot of people use it? Kim

Using Voiceover screen reader and braille display.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2015, at 7:32 AM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Kim, how it works is that once you've switched to it using the roter, is
that you tap where you think the letters are on the screen very much how
fleksy works.
I hope that makes sense.

On 7 Jun 2015, at 11:58, Kim Kilpatrick <kimjkilpatrick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there,
I have not really understood how the direct touch typing works. Can anyone
explain it to me?
Kim

Using Voiceover screen reader and braille display.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 7, 2015, at 6:04 AM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all, recently I've been using this mode of typing with VoiceOver a bit
more and it got me thinking as too how apple could take this a step further.
1 a gesture to delete a whole word instead of having to keep tapping the
delete key X number of times.
2. Sort of like the Braille input where by you perform a gesture after
you've typed the word.
So here's a couple of good examples.
Say I wanted to type the word have but end up with gave. Or a word like of
but wanted if instead,
then have some sort of gesture to change it. Sort of how Fleksy works. If
you know what I mean.

Anyone else got any good ideas on how they think apple could improve on
direct touch typing? ************